The COBRA Audio Box is a stand-alone wireless audio playing device for playing music in perfect sync with your 18M firing modules. Simply plug the audio box into your sound system and start your script on the 18R2.
In addition to providing audio syncronization, the audio box is fully wireless, with the same range as the 18M modules (1,500+ ft. line of site). This allows the shooter to be in the best position for firing the show, and the audio box to be in the best position for playing the audio. In addition, the Audio Box uses a lite digitial signal to control the audio. Compared to beefy time code feeds that can be unreliable and require a constant transmission, the lite signal is very resiliant to low signal environments as the audio box will continue operation even if signal is lost.
You can also use the Audio Box to add wireless COBRA 18M firing modules to existing systems (i.e PyroDigital, FireOne, Pyromate, etc…) that accept a SMPTE, FSK, or other time code feed. Simply plug the output of the Audio Box to the 3rd party firing system, start your 18R2, and the 18M firing modules fire together with the firing modules of the 3rd party firing system controlled by the Audio Box output time code signal.
You can control multiple Audio Boxes using a single 18R2 remote. Each Audio Box can play the same, or different MP3 audio files allowing for a lot of flexibility and creativity with your audio design. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Scott at 518-222-7410. They are happy to help!
To use, simply perform the following steps:
- Save an MP3 audio file to a standard USB thumb drive and insert into the Audio Box
- Connect your audio box to a sound system using a variety of line out options including headphone, RCA, or 1/4″ (XLR coming soon as an add-on accessory)
- Press the AUDIO TEST button on the Audio Box to perform a sound check. Use left and right volume controls to adjust volume.
- Start your show using the 18R2. The audio plays in perfect sync!
When playing, use the following features to ensure control over your audio and timing.
- Use + and – on your 18R2 to align your script forward and backwards with 1/10th of a second adjustments. You can adjust 10 seconds in either direction.
- By pausing the show (pressing ARM on remote), the audio pauses along with the script.
- Resuming the show, resumes the audio at the correct spot.
- If the Audio Box is powered off and on mid-show, the audio automatically aligns to the script.